Eight scholarships are awarded each year. There is one graduate level scholarship in the amount of $600, one undergraduate scholarship in the amount of $500, and six scholarships for elementary, high school or youth group projects each in the amount of $250.
To-date, the Ministry of Gender has financed 1,563 youth group projects, worth Shs12b for a total of 20,192 beneficiaries in 27 districts under the first phase.
Youth Group Service Project Promo - Calvary Baptist Church
1. Mobilizing community groups in a service network of savings and loans for community-based microfinance
2. HIV & AIDS awareness, counseling, support innovative programmes in orphans and vulnerable children and home based health care (HBC) for the HIV affected
3. Free computer training to orphans, vulnerable youths and women in the community.
4. A rehabilitation program for street children to support their basic needs and provide them with community-based education,
5. Educational support initiative to orphans, street children of Luanda and vulnerable children.
6. A capacity-building structure which involves educational training programs in leadership, group management, and financial skills
7. A volunteer program ; deploying of international volunteers and places villagers in groups charged with specific community tasks in relation to their skills, strengths, and interests
8. Alternative to violence peace trainings (AVP) for the community members.
9. Eco-tourism and environmental management
10. Programmes for cultural exchange
11. Computer services to the community, internet services
12. Provisional computer services for the community, such as typesetting, printing, photocopy services etc.
13. Youth empowerment activities such as sports, theatre, career development and drug abuse training, as well as building overall awareness and engagement through youth group projects.
14. women and sisters empowerment activities, empowering women to realize their potential and engage in development
15. Community library for reading, borrowing and exchange of ideas.